Thursday

Music Time Warp

I like music. I really do… sometimes however, I feel like I am stuck in a time warp. I can’t seem to get the late 70’s and 80’s music out of my head. My daughters like to call it dinosaur music.
I have put together some verses from different songs I used to sing along to. They are forever imprinted in my mind. Some of you younger people may have heard them remixed or redone. Am I alone in this dimension??? Comment and tell me who you think did the songs below. It was all a long time ago.... may have gotten some lines wrong .. correct me.

All the times that I’ve cried
Keeping all the things I knew inside
Its hard but its harder to ignore it
If they were right I’d agree
But its them they know no not me

*********************************

Well baby you can cry all night
But that will never change the way that I feel
The snow is really piling up outside
I wish I didn’t have to leave you here
..... I tried to show you just how much I cared
But you've been cold.. to me so long
Im crying icicles instead of tears.
****************************

You’ll never find your gold on a sandy beach
You’ll never drill for oil on a city street
I know you are looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks

*******************************

When I look in your eyes are those tears that I see?
Are they over me,
I am not worth it you see
For I’m the kind of guy
Who’s always on the road
And wherever I lay my hat
That’s my home

*********************

There she stood in the doorway
She had a Mercedes Benz
She had a lot of pretty pretty boys
She called friends
How they danced in the courtyard
Sweet summer sweat
Some danced to remember, some danced to forget

**********************

Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone like dusk to dawn
Dream on dream on
Dream until your dreams come true

5 comments:

Azrin said...

Bon jovi?

Blue said...

@shaike-
None of them by Bon Jovi. Thanx for visiting.

wanduma said...

Eagles, Cat Stevens, not sure who else...maybe I am cheating a little

Blue said...

@Wanduma- HA Read my profile and thought you could guess!!

Ms K said...

I don't know if I should attempt to guess who those are but I will say that I absolutely love the 50s, 60s and 70s as far as music is concerned.

Isn't it odd, how everyone wants to sample that old dinosaur music these days??!!!